Points to Ponder
The following questions are intended as a study aid, to spur further thought on the concepts discussed in this lesson and help you apply them personally. We suggest you take the time to write out your answers to the questions and compare them to the scriptures given. Please feel free to write us with any comments or suggestions, including questions about the course or this lesson.
• Is it possible to worship God the Father and Jesus Christ in vain? (Matthew 7:21-23; 15:7-9). * Do the Scriptures describe Christianity as a way of life? (Acts 9:1-2; 18:26; 19:9, 23; 22:4; 24:14, 22).
• Does following God's way require doing God's will? (Matthew 7:13-14, 21-23).
• What are some foundational principles that make God's way different from this world's selfish way? (Philippians 2:3-5; Matthew 6:33; Luke 10:25-28; 1 John 5:3).
• How does the Bible teach us to treat God and our fellowman? (Matthew 22:37-39; Colossians 3:18-22).
• How should we practice two-way communication with God? (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; 1 John 5:14; Proverbs 15:29; 2 Timothy 2:15; 3:15-17; Acts 17:11; Romans 10:14).
• What day of the week do those who follow God's way observe to show honor to their Creator and learn more from Him? (Exodus 20:8-11; Hebrews 10:24-25).
• What is living faith? (James 1:22-25; 2:19-20).
• How should Christians view their trials? (1 Peter 4:12-14; James 1:2-4).
• How should Christians show love to neighbors and even enemies? (James 1:27; Acts 20:35; Matthew 5:43-45; Romans 13:9).
• What example of Christian responsibility does God expect us to set, and how will that example affect those around us? (Ephesians 5:3-5; Matthew 5:14-16; 1 Peter 3:15-16).
To Expand Your Understanding
To better understand the points covered in this lesson, be sure to request the following free booklets:
For your free booklets contact our office in your country, or the country nearest you.
|© 1995-2013 United
Church of God - Canada | Privacy
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. All correspondence and questions should be sent to email@example.com. Send inquiries regarding the operation of this Web site to firstname.lastname@example.org.